Pankaj Kisan Chatki, Sana Tabassum
Pankaj Kisan Chatki1*, Sana Tabassum2
1Analytical Research and Development Department, Neuheit Pharma Technologies Private Limited, Hyderabad, Telangana-500 072 India.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Centre for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Science and Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Unversity, Hyderabad, Telangana-500 085 India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
Objectives: Various analytical techniques are applied in pharmaceutical field to estimate the quality of active pharmaceutical ingredients, amount of drug in biological fluids and in formulations. The aim of this review article is to provide utmost existing analytical methods for analysis of dihydropyridines based calcium channel blockers for estimation of Amlodipine, Lacidipine, Isradipine, Nifedipine, Felodipine, and Cilnidipine in pure form, biological fluids (like Human Plasma, Human Serum, Human Urine etc.,) and its related formulations including novel formulations. Dihydropyridines based Calcium Channel blockers is a major chemical class of drugs used in the treatment of hypertension and various coronary artery diseases. Evidence acquisition: Current analytical techniques available for active pharmaceutical ingredients and its related formulations are tabulated with extensive method conditions which can be used in analysis of dihydropyridines based calcium channel blockers drugs outlined from official pharmacopoeias and other relevant research articles. Conclusion: Various analytical techniques such as HPLC, HPTLC, UPLC, GC, LC-MS, and GC-MS are involved. This review assists in appropriate selection of analytical technique, solvent, mobile phase, column, detector based on available analytical instruments and chemicals, by referring tabulated extensive method conditions. It can be implemented in quality control and quality assurance department for quality assessment of diverse pharmaceutical formulations.
Cite this article:
Pankaj Kisan Chatki, Sana Tabassum. Analytical Methods of Dihydropyridines Based Calcium Channel Blockers - Amlodipine, Lacidipine, Isradipine, Nifedipine, Felodipine, Cilnidipine and its related formulations: A Review. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(3):221-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00039
Pankaj Kisan Chatki, Sana Tabassum. Analytical Methods of Dihydropyridines Based Calcium Channel Blockers - Amlodipine, Lacidipine, Isradipine, Nifedipine, Felodipine, Cilnidipine and its related formulations: A Review. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(3):221-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00039 Available on: https://www.ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-3-11
1. Masoom Raza Siddiqui, Zeid AlOthamn A, Nafisur Rahman. Analytical Techniques in Pharmaceutical analysis: A Review. Arabian Journal of Chemistry.2013; 10:1409-21.
2. Imran Khan, Krantisri Mulpu, Byasabhusan Das, Mohiuddin MD, Mohd Haseeb Ur Rahman. Analytical Techniques (Chromatography, Spectroscopy and Electrophoresis) in Pharmaceutical analysis: A Review. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Nanosciences. 2015; 4: 19-27.
3. Kaushal Ramni, Kaur Navneet, Upadhyay Ashutosh, Suri OP, Thakkar Arti. High Performance Liquid Chromatography Detectors- A Review. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2011; 2: 1-7.
4. Michael Swartz. HPLC Detectors- A Brief Review. Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies. 2010; 33: 1130-50.
5. ShodexTM. Lesson 6: Detectors of HPLC. Available from URL: https://www.shodex.com/en/kouza/f.html
6. Bernard Fleet, Little CJ. Design and Evaluation of Electrochemical Detectors for HPLC. Journal of Chromatographic Science.1974; 3: 747-52. Available from URL:https://doi.org/10.1093/chromsci/12.12.747
7. Swetha Sri R, Dr Bhavya Sri K, Mounika Ch. A Review on Comparative study of HPLC and UPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.2013; 13(3): 1570-1574.
8. Gita Chawla, Chanda Ranjan. Principle, Instrumentation and Applications of UPLC: A Novel Technique of Liquid Chromatography. Open Journal Chemistry.2016; 3:1-16.
9. M M Eswarudu, M Chinna Eswaraiah, K Prasanna Kumar and K Sudhakar. Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC): A Preeminent Technique in Pharmaceutical Analysis. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology2012; 5(12):1484-1489.
10. Sayyed Hussain, Dr Tabrez Shaikh. Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography: A New Trend in Analysis. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research.2016; 5: 387-94.
11. Tripathi KD Editor. Immunosuppressant Drugs. Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Pvt. Ltd.2013; 7th ed: pp. 546-49.
12. Seth SD, Sandeep Seth. Calcium Channels and Calcium Channel Blocker. Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology.1991; 35:217-31.
13. Therapeutic Class Overview Calcium Channel Blocking Agents (Dihydropyridines). OPTUM. Available from URL:https://www.medicaid.nv.gov/Downloads/provider/Calcium_Channel_Blockers_NON-Dihy_2017-09.pdf
14. William J, Venkata Ram CS. Calcium Channels Blocker. Journal of Clinical Hypertension.2011; 13:687-9.
15. Drug Classes, Calcium Channel Blockers. British and Irish Hypertension Society. 2017. Available from URL: https://bihsoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Calcium-Channel-Blockers-Final-2017.pdf.
16. Joseph Flynn T, Deborah Pasko A. Calcium channel blockers: Pharmacology and Place in Therapy of Pediatric Hypertension. Pediatric Nephrology.2000; 15:302-16.
17. Franz Messerli H, Georg Noll, Lars Lindholm H, Hermann Haller, Luis Ruilope M, Massimo Volpe. The Role of Dihydropyridine Calcium Channel Blockers in the Treatment of Hypertension and Cardiovascular Disease - An Update. European Cardiology Review. 2006; 2:1-6.
18. Prof. Michael Barry. Medicines Management Programme Preferred Drugs, Calcium Channel Blockers (dihydropyridine derivatives) for the Treatment of Hypertension and Stable Angina. Version-1.2016. Available from URL:https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/publications/clinical-strategy-and programmes/calcium-channel-blockers-report.pdf
19. Opie LH. Pharmacological differences among Calcium Channel Antagonists. European Heart Journal.1997; 18: A71-79.
20. Guang Wang Ji, Kazuomi Kario, Titus Lau, Yong Quek Wei, Chang Gyu Park, Cheol Ho Kim, Jun Huang, Weizhong Zhang, Yong Li, Peter Yan, Dayi Hu. Use of Dihydropyridine Calcium Channel Blockers in the Management of Hypertension in Eastern Asians: A scientific statement from the Asian Pacific Heart Association. Hypertension Research.2011; 34:423-30.
21. Ferrari R. Major Differences among the three classes of Calcium Antagonists. European Heart Journal.1997; 18: A56-70.
22. Amlodipine besylate Tablets-FDA. Available from URL: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2007/019787s042lbl.pdf. Accessed on April 2007.
23. Syed Furqan Ahsan, Marium Fatima Khan. Physicochemical Properties and Pharmacology of Amlodipine Besylate: A Brief Review. Baqai Journal of Health Sciences. 2017; 20: 27-31.
24. Mustafa Sinan Kaynak, Agata Bogacz, Michał Stelmasin´ Ski, Selma Şahin. Bioavailability File: Amlodipine. FABAD Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011; 36: 207-22.
25. Helal Uddina ABM, Mohamed Alaamaa, Zaidul ISM, Abbas SA, Mohamed Awang, Fahim TK. Current Analytical Methods for Amlodipine and its Formulations: A Review.Journal CLeanWAS.2017; 1:17-22.
26. United States Pharmacopoeia. Govt. of US. Official Monographs from United States Pharmacopoeia. United States Pharmacopeial Convention Inc.USP42-NF37. 2019.
27. British Pharmacopoeia. Official Monographs from British Pharmacopoeia. BP 2020, Ph. Eur.10.0 update. 2020.
28. Indian Pharmacopoeia. Official Monographs from Indian Pharmacopoeia. Govt. of India Vol-III. Ghaziabad: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Published by The Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission. IP 2010.
29. Richa Sah, Sahil Arora. Development and Validation of a HPLC Analytical Assay Method for Amlodipine besylate tablets: A Potent Ca+2 channel blocker. Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Education and Research.2012; 2: 93-100.
30. Akiful Haque M, Shanthi Priya DK, Dibyalochan Mohanty, Vasudha Bakshi, Narender Boggula. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Amlodipine in Human Plasma Using Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry/Mass Spectrometry. Asian Journal Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research.2018; 11:393-7.
31. Bhide Neha, Salgar Jyoti, Shaikh Shaheen. LC-UV Method Development and Validation of Amlodipine in Pure and Tablet dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 5:1-3.
32. Hemant Jain K, Rahul Mane K. Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Amlodipine besylate in Human Plasma using RP-HPLC. International Journal of PharmTech Research.2016; 9: 233-9.
33. Rami Ali Mohammed Osman, Abdalla Ahmed Elbashir. A High-Performance Liquid Chromatographic (HPLC) Method for the Determination of Amlodipine Drug in Dosage form Using 1, 2-Naphthoquine-4-Sulfonate (NQS). Journal of Analytical and Pharmaceutical Research.2017; 6: 1-7.
34. Chandra Dinda S, Desireddy RB, Jitendra Kumar P, Sai Chand A, Srinivasa Rao P, Ashok Kumar B. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC method for qunatitative analysis of Amlodipine besylate in pure and Pharmaceutical formulations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2013; 6:204-7.
35. Ravinder Burugu. RP-HPLC Determination of Amlodipine from Tablet Dosage Forms. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry.2010; 3(3): 656-658.
36. Ravi Tiwari N, Nishit Shah, Vikas Bhalani, Anand Mahajan. LC, MSn and LC–MS/MS studies for the Characterization of Degradation Products of Amlodipine. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2015; 5:33-42.
37. Akshay Waghmare, Ganesh Taware, Shrikrishna Baokar, Santosh Undare. Ecofriendly Validated Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate by using Hydrotropic Solubilization Method. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.2019; 9(1): 08-10.
38. Rajesh Varma, Praveen Kumar Jampana, Raveendra Babu G, Sri Lakshmi Surekha P, Kala Praveen P, Sambhasiva Rao P. UV Spectroscopic Method for Estimation of Amlodipine besylate in Tablets. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Chemical and Biological Sciences. 2014; 4: 69-73.
39. Harshal Ashok Pawar, Akansha Yadav. Development and Application of RP-HPLC Method for Dissolution Study of Oral Formulations Containing Amlodipine besylate. Pharmaceutica Analytica Acta. 2015; 6:1-6.
40. Logoyda LS, Korobko DB. Validation of Assay Method of Amlodipine in tablets by Liquid Chromatography. Ukrainian Biopharmaceutical Journal.2016; 6: 80-4.
41. Yucel Kadioglu, Murat Ozturk. Spectrofluorimetric Determination of Amlodipine in human plasma without derivatization. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011; 48:719-25.
42. Rajeev Gupta K, Anand Chaurasia, Brijesh Mishra K, Vibha Chaturvedi, Pratik Gupta K. Estimation of Amlodipine in human plasma by Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 3: 57-63.
43. Anusak Sirikatitham, Kamon Panrat, Niwan Tanmanee. Determination of Amlodipine in Human Plasma by Electrospray ionization LC-MS/MS method: Validation and its Stability Studies. Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology.2008; 30: 455-62.
44. Chan Lv Mei, Chun Wei Min, Fan Bu Long, Rui Chen, Xiao Wan Lu, Rong Li, Ben Wang Jei, Rui Guo Chen. Determination of Amlodipine in Human Plasma by LC-MS/MS and Its Bioequivalence Study in Healthy Chinese Subjects. Pharmacology and Pharmacy. 2013; 4: 191-200.
45. Moses Prince Francis, Selvadurai Muralidharan, Sekar Rajan, Nagarajan, Bhojraj Suresh. Simple and Validated Method for Estimation of Amlodipine by LC-MS (ESI) Using Healthy Indian Human Volunteers: and Evaluation of Pharmacokinetic Parameters. Journal of Bioanalysis and Biomedicine.2010; 2: 69-74.
46. Rhoda Lee C, Harriet Bryson M. A Review of its Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Properties and Therapeutic Potential in the Treatment of Hypertension. Drugs. 2012; 48: 274-96. Available from URL: https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00003495-199448020-00010
47. Lacidipine, Drug Bank. Available from URL: https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB09236.
48. Pankaj Kisan Chatki, Kishore Kumar Hotha, Pandu Ranga Reddy Kolagatla, Vijaya Bharathi D, Venkateswarulu V. LC-MS/MS determination and pharmacokinetic Study of Lacidipine in Human Plasma. Biomedical Chromatography.2012; 27: 838-45.
49. Maasma Shaik, Sunandamma, Srinivasa Reddy Ch. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Assay Method for Determination of Lacidipine in tablets. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research.2019; 11: 2204-7.
50. Mannur Vinodh, Mastiholimath Vinayak, Kharya Rahul, Patware Pankaj. Development and Validation of A HPLC Method for the Determination of Lacidipine in Pure Form and in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. The Malaysian Journal of Analytical Sciences.2012; 16: 213-9.
51. Nagaraju PT, Channabasavaraj KP, Shantha Kumar PT, Chiranjeevi K. UV Spetrophotometric Method Development and Validation for determination of Lacidipine in Pharmaceutical dosage form. International Journal of ChemTech Research.2011; 3: 955-8.
52. Kharat VR, Verma KK, Dhake JD. Determination of Lacidipine from Urine by HPTLC using off-line SPE. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2002; 28: 789-93.
53. Rajavel A, Sanmuga Priya E, Senthamil Selvan P, Rajagopal K, Durga Mallikarjuna Rao Tippa. Stability indicating Method Development and Validation for the Determination of Lacidipine in tablets. International Research Journal of Pharmacy.2011; 2: 157-61.
54. Arivozhi Mohan, Hitesh Patel B, Dhandayutham Saravanan. Development and Validation of a Reversed-Phase Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for Assay of Lacidipine and Related Substances. Journal of AOAC International. 2011; 94: 1800-6.
55. Reversed Phase UPLC Method for Related Substances and Stability Indicating Assay for Lacidipine. Chapter 5: 137-178. Available from URL:https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/4806/13/13_chapter%205.pdf
56. Sagar Suman Panda, Ravi Kumar Venkata Varaha Bera, Sasmita Kumari Acharjya, Padmalaya Sahoo, Sarwar Beg. Analytical lifecycle management approach: Application to Development of a reliable LC method for estimation of Lacidipine. Separation Science Plus. 2019; 2: 18-25.
57. Mohd Qumbar, Ameeduzzafar, Javed Ali, Syed Sarim Imam, Mohd Fazil, Asgar Ali. DOE-Based Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Lacidipine in Niosomal Gel in Rat: Pharmacokinetic Determination. Pharmaceutica Analytica Acta. 2014; 5: 1-11.
58. Dandu Girija, Akkimi Padma, Tirupathireddy A, Basu Venkateswara Reddy. Estimation of Lacidipine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by Zero Order, and First Order Derivative UV Spectrophotometric Methods. PharmaTutor. 2019; 7: 73-78.
59. Bin Yang, Chunnuan Wu, Bin Ji, Mingrui Wu, Zhonggui He, Lei Shang, Jin Sun. Virtual population pharmacokinetic using physiologically based pharmacokinetic model for evaluating bioequivalence of oral Lacidipine formulations in dogs. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 12: 98-104.
60. Rupesh Shirodkar K, Pallavi Krishna Shetty, Shaila Lewis, Lalit Kumar, Srinivas Mutalik. Development and Validation of a Reverse Phase HPLC Method for the Estimation of Lacidipine in Nanoformulations. Latin American Journal of Pharmacy. 2015; 34: 1162-6.
61. Rex Brogden N, Eugene M Sorkin M. Isradipine An Update of its Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Properties and Therapeutic Efficacy in the Treatment of Mild to Moderate Hypertension. Drug Evaluation. 1995; 49: 618-49.
62. Donald Vidt G, Alan Bakst. Isradipine in the Treatment of Hypertension: a Clinical Profile. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine.1990; 57: 677-84.
63. Pasumarthy Gopal NV, Srinivas VDN, Padma SVN. RP-HPLC Estimation of Isradipine in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 2008; 20: 6097-102.
64. Mohammad Younus, Imam Pasha S, Mohammed Siddiq, Abbaraju Prasanna Lakshmi. RP- HPLC Method Development and Validation for Estimatation of Isradipine in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2013; 6: 140-2.
65. Laxmi Aswini G, Dachinamoorthy D, Ravi Babu Y, Lakshmi Surekha M, Kumara Swamy G. Development and Validation of Isradipine in Bulk and its Pharmaceutical formulations by RP-HPLC method. International Research Journal of Pharmacy.2012; 3: 131-3.
66. Nageswara Rao R, Nagaragu P, Srinivasulu C, Sumanth Reddy V, Suresh V, Jitendra P. HPLC Method for Estimation of Isradipine in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. International Journal of Chemical Sciences. 2004; 2: 345-50.
67. Hitesh Katariya, Jagruti Prajapati. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Isradipine Loaded into Solid Lipid Nanoparticles. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research.2013; 20: 162-66.
68. Xiaojing Yang, Haiyan Xu, Jingjing Gan Li, Jiayang Li, Yi Jin, Bo Yuan. Quantitative Determination of Isradipine in Dog Plasma by an Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry Method. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013; 8: 312-317.
69. Rodrigo Almeida Simões, Anderson Rodrigo Moraes de Oliveira, Pierina Sueli Bonato. Hollow Fiber-Based Liquid-Phase Microextraction (HF-LPME) of Isradipine and its main metabolite followed by Chiral HPLC analysis: Application to an In vitro Biotransformation study. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry.2011; 399: 2435-43.
70. Kiyoko Takamura, Fumiyo Kusu, Hanaa Abdel Wadood, Nawal El Rabbat, Gamal Saleh, Ibrahim Refaat. Redox properties of Isradipine and its Electrochemical Detection in the HPLC Determination of the Compound in Human Serum. Biomedical Chromatography.2000; 14: 453-458.
71. Anil Kumar Meher, Anandan P, Arindam Mukhopadhyay. Estimation of Isradipine in Human Plasma by LC-MS/MS. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry.2011; 4: 750-3.
72. PLENDIL (Felodipine) Extended Release Tablets. FDA Product Document. Available from URL:https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2012/019834s025lbl.pdf
73. Bhavana G, Indira Priyadarshini G, Apuroopa. Method Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC for the Estimation of Felodipine PR Tablets. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.2020; 10(4):207-212.
74. Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna, Rajesh Pudi, Pramadvara Kallepalli. Ultra-Fast Liquid Chromatographic Method (Stability-Indicating) for the Determination of Felodipine. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2017; 10: 759-63.
75. Santhosh Kumar P, Srinivasa Rao K, Abdul A, Prasad UV, Nanda Kumar Y, Sarma, PVGK. Validation, Quantitative and Qualitative Qnalysis of Felodipine drug using HPLC. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2012; 5: 1838-40.
76. Santosh Chhajed S, Sandeep Sonawane S, Vaibhav Patil P, Jugal Mandan, Sanjay Kshirsagar J. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Felodipine Using Green Solvent in Tablet Formulation. Acta Scientific Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018; 2: 13-15.
77. Madhukar A, Ganesh Kumar Y, Usha K, Srilatha M. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Felodipine in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form by Using RP-HPLC Techniques. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.2017; 9: 3248-53.
78. Ravindra J Jarag and A.R. Paradkar. Development and Validation of Method for Quantitative Estimation of Felodipine Agglomerates by High Pressure Liquid Chromatography. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry.2010; 4(1):88-90.
79. Srinivas Reddy, Jibin V Joseph, Aravind Kumar, Arindam Mukhopadhyay, Saral Thangam. Method development and validation for estimation of Felodipine in human plasma by LCMS/MS. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry.2013; 6(3): 263-267.
80. Nataraj KS, Suresh Kumar S, Badrud Duza M, Kesinath reddy K. Method Validation and Estimation of Felodipine in Pure and Capsule Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Journal of Pharmacy Research.2011; 4: 2822-3.
81. Jain PS, Ansari NA, Surana SJ. HPTLC and RP-HPTLC Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Felodipine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Pharmaceutica Analytica Acta. 2018; 9: 1-6.
82. Pramadvara Kallepalli, Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna. A New Stability Indicating Liquid Chromatographic Method for the Quantification of Felodipine. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics.2018; 12: S597-602.
83. Sreedevi V, Putta Rajesh Kumar, Rajesh Thatavarti. LC-MS Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Felodipine in Human Plasma and Stability Studies of Freeze Thaw Analyte. International Journal of Pharma Sciences and Research. 2011; 2: 65-73.
84. Liandong Hu, Qiaofeng Hu, Na Gao. Validated, Stability-Indicating HPLC Method for the Determination of Felodipine and its Related Substances. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research.2011; 2: 65-73.
85. Mathrusri Annapurna M, Sai Pavan Kumar B, Goutam SVS. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for the Determination of Felodipine (A Calcium Channel Blocker) in Tablets. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research..2013; 3: 9277-85.
86. Aravind Setti, Phazna Devi Takhelmayum, Praveen Kumar Reddy Y, Srikanth Sarikonda, Venkateshwara Rao J, Smita Pawar C. Method Development, Validation and Stability Studies of Felodipine by RP HPLC and Molecular Interaction Studies of Felodipine and Voltage Gated L-type Calcium Channel. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research.2014; 24: 15-20.
87. Füsun Gedil Üstün, Osman Üstün, Okan Atay. Quantitative Determination of Felodipine in Pharmaceuticals by High Pressure Liquid Chromatography and UV Spectroscopy. Turkish Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.2004; 1: 65-76.
88. Mohamed Walash, Fathalla Belal, Nahed El Enany, Sahar Zayed. Micellar Liquid Chromatographic Determination of Felodipine in Tablets and Human Plasma with Fluorescence Detection: Application to Stability Studies and Content Uniformity Testing. Analytical Methods.2014; 6: 3401.
89. Morgan Snider E, Donald Nuzum S, Angie Veverka. Long-acting Nifedipine in the Management of the Hypertensive Patient. Vasc. Health Risk Management. 2008; 4: 1249-57.
90. PROCARDIA, Nifedipine Capsules for oral use. Available from URL:https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/018482s051lbl.pdf. Accessed on: July 2013
91. Bhardwaj Shalini, Gupta MK, Bhalla V. Method development and validation of stability indicating UPLC assay method for Nifedipine. International Journal of Drug Regulatory Affairs.2015; 3: 24-42.
92. Krishna Sankaa, Rakesh Gullapellia, Narmada Patila, Padmanabha Rao A, Prakash Divana V. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Nifedipine and its Application for a Novel Proniosomal Formulation Analysis and Dissolution Study. Der Pharma Chemica.2014; 6: 279-89.
93. Shah SA, Savale SS, Rathod IS, Shishoo CJ. Development a sensitive HPLC Method for Determination of Plasma Levels of Nifedipine. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.1999; 61: 81-85.
94. P Thulasamma and P Venkateswarlu. RP-HPLC method for the quantitative determination of Nifedipine in dosage forms, human milk and urine. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 5(3): 322-327.
95. Ismail K Md, Lakshmana Rao MV, Basaveswara Rao A. Estimation of Nifedipine in K2EDTA Human Plasma using UHPLC-MS/MS Method. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry.2017; 7: 577-84.
96. Tulasamma P, Venkateswarlu P. Spectrophotometric Determination of Nifedipine in Pharmaceutical Formulations, Serum and Urine Samples via Oxidative Coupling Reaction. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2012; 2: 1-7.
97. Mosab Arafat, Zahaa Ahmed, Momir Mikov. Determination of Nifedipine in Rat Plasma using HPLC-UV Detector: A Simple Method for Pharmacokinetics and Oral Bioavailability Studies. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2016; 8: 98-102.
98. Srinivasa Rao Baratam, Kalyan Chakravarthy Janjanam, Vijaya Ratna J. Determination of Nifedipine in Human Plasma by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry and its Validation. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2018; 7: 678-91.
99. Srinivasa Reddy, Iqbal Ahmad, Nirmala Naya, Saral Thangam, Arindam Mukhopadhyay. Estimation of Nifedipine in Human Plasma by LC-MS/MS. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research.2013; 6: 83-6.
100. Juan Wei, Wenjuan Ma, Guangzhe Yao, Qi Jia, Xuejing Cheng, Huizi Ouyang, Yanxu Chang, Xiaopeng Chen, Jun He. A High Throughput HPLC-MS/MS Method for Antihypertensive Drugs Determination in Plasma and its Application on Pharmacokinetic Interaction Study with Shuxuetong Injection in Rats.Hindawi BioMed Research International.2019; 4:1-10.
101. Normaizira Hamidi, Mohd Nasir Taib, Wong Tin Wui. Analysis of Nifedipine Content in Transdermal Drug Delivery System using Non-Destructive Visible Spectrophotometry Technique. The Malaysian Journal of Analytical Sciences. 2008; 12: 348-51.
102. Dimal Shah A, Jaimin Patel S, Priyanka Jadeja, Vandana Patel, Usmangani Chhalotiya K.Development of Stability Indicating HPTLC Method for Estimation of Antihypertensive Drug combination Nifedipine and Valsartan. Journal of Taibah University For Science. 2019; 13:722-30.
103. Gabriela Campos de Oliveira Filgueira, Osmany Alberto Silva Filgueira, Daniela Miarelli Carvalho, Maria Paula Marques, Elaine Christine Dantas Moisés, Geraldo Duarte, Vera Lucia Lanchote, Ricardo Carvalho Cavalli. Analysis of Nifedipine in Human Plasma and Amniotic Fluid by Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry and its Application to Clinical Pharmacokinetics In Hypertensive Pregnant Women. Journal of Chromatography B.2015; 993-994: 20-5.
104. Hisham Abou Auda S, Tawfeeg Najjar A, Khalil Al Khamis I, Badraddin Al Hadiya M, Nausha Ghilzai M, Nasser Al Fawzan F. Liquid Chromatographic Assay of Nifedipine in Human Plasma and its Application to Pharmacokinetic Studies. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2010; 22: 241-49.
105. Mayte Gil Agusti, Samuel Carda Broch, LI Monferrer Pons, Esteve Romeo JS. Photostability studies for Micellar Liquid Chromatographic Determination of Nifedipine in Serum and Urine Samples. Biomedical Chromatography.2006; 20: 154-60.
106. Mohd Dzul Hakim Wirzal, Abdull Rahim Mohd Yusoff, Jiri Zima, Jiri Barek. Voltammetric Determination of Nifedipine at a Hanging Mercury Drop Electrode and a Mercury Meniscus Modified Silver Amalgam Electrode. International Journal of Electrochemical Science.2015; 10: 4571-84.
107. Rosseel MT, Bogaert MG. Determination of Nifedipine in Human Plasma by Capillary Gas Chromatography with Nitrogen Detection. Journal of Chromatography A.1983; 279:675-80.
108. Lawrence Lesko J, Ann Miller K, Russell Yeager L, Dulal Chatterji C. Rapid GC method for Quantitation of Nifedipine in Serum using Electron Capture Detection. Journal of Chromatographic Science.1983; 21:415-9.
109. Soumitra Kumar. Brief Review, Hypertension management: Old drug revisited – Cilnidipine. Journal of Clinical and Preventive Cardiology. 2017; 6: 24-6.
110. Safety Data Sheet of Cilnidipine. Toronto Research Chemicals.Version 5.0 Available from URL:https://www.trc-canada.com/prod-img/MSDS/C441375MSDS.pdf
111. Compound Summary on Cilnidipine.PubCem.US National Library of Medicine, National Centre for Biotechnology Information. Available from URL:https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/5282138
112. Kazuko Tajiril, Jean-Baptiste Guichard, Xiaoyan Qi, Feng Xiong, Patrice Naud, Jean Claude Tardif, Antoine Da Costa, Kazutaka Aonuma, Stanley Nattel. An N-/L-Type Calcium Channel Blocker, Cilnidipine, Suppresses Autonomic, Electrical, and.with Atrial Fibrillation. Cardiovascular Research.2019; 115: 1975-85.
113. Preeti Dharpur M, Kavitha VC.A study at BRIMS hospital for Comparing the Tolerability of Cilnidipine and Amlodipine in the Treatment of Hypertension. Indian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2019; 6: 11-3.
114. Prabhakar Adake HS, Somashekar P, Mohammed Rafeeq K, Dilshad Umar, Bahija Basheer, Kusai Baroudi. Comparison of Amlodipine with Cilnidipine on Antihypertensive Efficacy and Incidence of Pedal Edema in Mild to Moderate Hypertensive Individuals: A Prospective Study. Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology and Research.2015; 6: 81-5.
115. Sameera Gopinath, Vadakkedath Venugopal Harishkumar, Vediyera Chandroth Santhosh, Sreekanth Puthalath. Case report on low dose of Cilnidipine: A fourth-generation Calcium Channel Blocker-Induced Gingival Overgrowth. Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology. 2019; 23:377-80.
116. Selvadurai Muralidharan, Jaya Raja Kumar, Sokkalingam Arumugam Dhanaraj. Simple and Effective HPLC Method Development and its Validation for Cilnidipine in Human Drug Free Plasma. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.2015; 28:135-8.
117. Mohammed Safhi M. Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Cilnidipine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage forms. Oriental Journal of Chemistry.2013; 29: 131-134.
118. Sankar, Swathi V, Srinivasa Babu, Ravi P. Development and Validation of Novel UV and RP-HPLC Methods for Determination of Cilnidipine (A New Generation Ca Channel Blocker) in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research.2019; 10: 1886-94.
119. Tiwari Balakrishna, Shirsat Mrunal K, Kulkarni Amol.Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Cilnidipine Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics.2020; 10: 97-100.
120. Mohammed Safhi M. Spectrophotometric Estimation of Cilnidipine in Tablets. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research.2015; 7: 451-56.
121. Kokilambigai KS, Lakshmi KS, Amlesh Kumar, Govind Chandrayan, Kumar Satyam, Mantosh Kumar Singh. Spectrophotometric Estimation of Cilnidipine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form using N-(1-Naphthyl) Ethylene Diamine Dihydrochloride. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2014; 6: 576-8.
122. Karmalkar HS, Vaidya VV, Gomes NA, Choukekar MP, Kekare MB. Determination of Cilnidipine from Pharmaceutical Formulation by High Performance Thin Layer Chromatographic Method. Analytical Chemistry. An Indian Journal.2008; 7: 573-6.
123. Heon Woo Lee, Ji Hyung Seo, Hyun Su Lee, Seo young Jeong, Young WukCho, Kyung Tae Lee.Development of a Liquid Chromatography/Negative-Ion Electrospray Tandem Mass Spectrometry Assay for the Determination of Cilnidipine in Human Plasma and its Application to a Bioequivalence Study. Journal of chromatography. B, Analytical technologies in the biomedical and life sciences.2008; 862: 246-51.
124. Mohammed M Safhi and Manohara Yagaina Nagaraj. Development and validation of a Rapid Stability Indicating chromatographic determination of Cilnidipine in Bulk and Dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.2013; 6(3):296-299.