The specific rate constant of ethyl caprylate in alkali catalised hydrolysis in water-acetone mixture covering range of 30 to 70% (v/v) of acetone has been determined at temperature 20 to 400c. The rate of reaction decreases with increase in percentage of Acetone from 30 to 70% (v/v). The observed Activation energy decreases progressively with increase in acetone content of the medium. The effect of molar concentration of water and Dielectric constant on the reaction kinetic has also been studied. The thermodynamic parameters (DG*, DH* and DS*) has been determined which showed strong dependency on solvent composition.
Cite this article:
A. K. Singh. Kinetics Solvent Effect and Mechanism of Hydrolysis of Ethyl Caprylate Ester in Aqueous Organic Solvent Media. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(6):445-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00077
A. K. Singh. Kinetics Solvent Effect and Mechanism of Hydrolysis of Ethyl Caprylate Ester in Aqueous Organic Solvent Media. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(6):445-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00077 Available on: https://www.ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-6-10
1. Parker A. 1969 Protic-dipolar aprotic solvent effects on rates of bimolecular reactions. J. Chem, Rev 69:1-32. doi.org/10.1021/ cr60257a001
2. Iglesias E 2005 Solvent effects versus concentration effects in determining rates of base-catalyzed ketoenoltautomerization. New J. Chem 29;, 625-632.
3. Yangjeh A.H, Nooshyar M 2005 Prediction of solvent effects on rate constant of [2+2] cycloaddition reaction of diethyl azodicarboxylate with ethyl vinyl ether using artificial neutral networks. Bull.Korean Chem. Soc. 26: 139-145.
4. Schmeer G, Six C, Steinkirchner J 1999 Investigations on substituent and solvent effects of solvolysisreactions. VIII. The influence of water and nonaqueous solvents on the imidazolysis of 4-nitrophenylacetate. J. Sol. Chem 28:211-222.
5. Kallol k Ghose 1999 Kinetic and solvent effect on hydrolysis of N-Benzylbenzo hydroximic acid in some binary aqueous solvent mixture J of Molecular Liquid. Vol-81: Issue-2 pp135-155
6. Seliverstova T S 2020 Kinetics and mechanism of hydrolysis of Benzyl Ether bond in aqueous-organic media. Russian Russian J of Physical Chemistry A. Vol-94: pp310-316.
7. Magda F Fathalla et al. 2019 The reaction of 2-chloroquinoxaline with piperidine in DMSO-H2O and DMF- H2O mixture. Kinetic and solvent effect. Journal of solution chemistry. Vol. 48:pp1287-1308
8. Seliverstova T S et al. 2020 The hydrolysis of Benzyl Ether bond in aqueous-organic media. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A, Vol-94: pp310-316.
9. Magdha F. Fathala. Kinetic reaction of 2-chloro quinoxaline with hydroxide ion in ACN-H2O and DMSO- H2O binary mixture. J of Solution Chemistry. Vol-40. Article no. 1258. 2011.
10. Parker A.J 1962 The effects of solvation on the properties of anions in dipolar aprotic solvents. Quart. Rev. London 16: 163.
11. Radha Krishnanmurty P S et al. 1970 Tetrahedron 26: p5503.
12. Varma DK et al. 2020 Study of solvent effect on kinetics of alkali hydrolysis of Ethyl Picolinate in water-Acetone media International J of Advance in Engineering and Management. Vol-2 Issue-9: pp5-6 DOI: 10.35629/5252-02090506
13. Metwally M S 1992 Kinetic study of resin catalised hydrolysis of Ethyl Propinoate in aqueous-organic system. Reaction kinetic catalysis and Letters vol-47:pp319-326.
14. Namami Shanker Sundhansu,. Kinetic study of solvent effect of aqueous-DMSO solvent system on extensive thermodynamic properties of acid catalyzed solvolysis of higher Methanoate.Schlor Research Journal of Inter disciplinary Studies. Vol-8/61, 2020. Pp1448-14355
15. G. AKLOF 1932 Dielectric Constants of Some Organic Solvent-Water Mixtures at Various Temperatur J. Am. Chem. Soc 54 11: pp4125–4139
16. Laidler K.J and Landskroener P A 1956 Trans Faraday Soc. 52, 200
17. Fayez Y. Khalil and M. T. Hanna 1978 Kinetic Study of the Acid Hydrolysis of Ethyl Hydrogen Succinate in Binary Solvent Mixtures Z. Naturforsch. 33 b:1479-1483
18. Wolford R K, 1964 Kinetics of acid catalised hydrolysis of Acetal in dimethylsulfoxide-water solvent system at 15,25 and 350c. Phys Chem, 68:p3392
19. Singh AK 2020 Effect of solvent on acid catalised solvolysis of Amyle Methanoate Formate in Water-ethylene Glycol (EG) mixture. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. Vol-13(6): pp469-472. 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00083.8