Selaimia Radia, Nigri Soraya, Oumeddour Rabah
Selaimia Radia*, Nigri Soraya, Oumeddour Rabah
Laboratory of Industrial Analysis and Materials Engineering (LAIGM). University 8 Mai 1945, P.O. Box 401, Guelma, 24000, Algeria.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
This work is devoted to the corrosion inhibition of A9 steel in 1M hydrochloric acid HCl by the antioxidant compounds «polyphenol» of methanolique extracts for two varieties of olive leaves: Chemlal and Rougette (cultivated varieties). Two extraction methods are used for both varieties, the conventional method is maceration and the other one is ultrasound assisted method to give the best yield. The inhibitory effect was evolved by: gravimetric and electrochemical the methods. The thermodynamic parameters and the adsorption isotherm were evaluated to explain the mechanism of inhibition and the metal-inhibitor interactions. It has been found that the adsorption of the molecules of these products on the surface is made according to the Langmuir isotherm. The obtained values of the free energy of the adsorption show that these extracts are physisorbed on the steel.
Cite this article:
Selaimia Radia, Nigri Soraya, Oumeddour Rabah. Corrosion Inhibition of A9 Steel In 1M Hydrochloric Acid by the Antioxidant Compounds of Methanolique Extracts for two Varieties of Olive Leaves: Chemlal and Rougette. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(1):52-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00008
Selaimia Radia, Nigri Soraya, Oumeddour Rabah. Corrosion Inhibition of A9 Steel In 1M Hydrochloric Acid by the Antioxidant Compounds of Methanolique Extracts for two Varieties of Olive Leaves: Chemlal and Rougette. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(1):52-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00008 Available on: https://www.ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-1-8
1. D. Benmessaoud Left, M. Zertoubi, A. Irhzo and M.Azzi. Review: oils and extracts plants as corrosion inhibitors for different metals and alloys in hydrochloric acid medium. Journal of Materials and Environmental Science. 2013; 4(6): 855-866.
2. RN. Parkins, J. O. Bockris, B. E. Conway, E. Yeager and R. E. White. Corrosion Inhibition. Electrochemical Materials Science. Springer. 2007; 28: 307-331.
3. I.B. Obot. Recent Advances in Computational Design of Organic Materials for Corrosion Protection of Steel in Aqueous Media. Developments in Corrosion Protection. 2014. DOI: 10.5772/57245
4. B. Qian, J. Wang, M. Zheng and B.R. Hou. Synergistic effect of polyaspartic acid and iodide ion on corrosion inhibition of mild steel in H2SO4. Corrosion Science. 2013; 75: 184-192.
5. M. Mahdavian and S. Ashhari. Mercapto functional azole compounds as organic corrosion inhibitors in a polyester-melamine coating. Progress in Organic Coatings.2010, 68: 259-264.
6. M. Bouanis, M. Tourabi, A. Nyassi, A. Zarrouk, C. Jama and F. Bentiss. Corrosion inhibition performance of 2,5-bis(4-dimethylaminophenyl)-1,3,4-oxadiazole for carbon steel in HCl solution: Gravimetric, electrochemical and XPS studies. Applied Surface Science. 2016, 389: 952-966.
7. S. M. Tawfik, A.A. Abd-Elaal and I. Aiad. Three gemini cationic surfactants as biodegradable corrosion inhibitors for carbon steel in HCl solution. Research on Chemical Intermediates. 2015; 42: 1101-1123.
8. Z. Baohua,H. Weimo,Z. Wenhua and Bi Shi. Corrosion inhibition performance of tannins for mild steel in hydrochloric acid solution. Research on Chemical Intermediates.2018; 44: 407-423.
9. S.H. Zaferani, M. Sharifi, D. Zaarei and M.R. Shishesaz. Application of eco-friendly products as corrosion inhibitors for metals in acid pickling processes – A review. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering. 2013; 1: 652-657.
10. R Saratha, P Thilagavathy, N Kasthuri. Evaluation of Vitis vinifera as a Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel in 1 M HCl. Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(1): 132-138.
11. SV Priya, R Saratha. Crossandra infundibuliformis Leaves as an Effective Inhibitor for Mild Steel Corrosion in 1 M HCl. Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(2): 434-441.
12. P. Deepa Rani, S. Selvaraj. Influence of Ocimum tenuiflorum Extract on Mild Steel in Acid Environment. Asian J. Research Chem. 2011; 4(2): 211-216.
13. C.V. Deepaa, V.G. Vasudha, T. Sathiyapriya. Caesalpinia pulcherrima as Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel in Acid Medium. Asian J. Research Chem. 2011; 4(5): 722-725.
14. V.G. Vasudha, R. Saratha. Thermodynamic and Adsorption Studies on Nyctanthes arbortristis (Night Jasmine) Leaves Extract as Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel in 1N HCl Medium. Asian J. Research Chem. 2011; 4(6): 1001-1004.
15. Saratha R., Anandhi D., Meenakshi H. N., Saritha T.. Standardization of Plant Extract as Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel in Acid Media. Asian J. Research Chem. 2011; 4(7): 1087-1091.
16. P. Deepa Rani, S. Selvaraj. Azadirachta indica Leaves as Green Inhibitor for Brass in Natural Sea Water Environment. Asian J. Research Chem. 2011; 4(9): 1469-1473.
17. R. Subha, R. Saratha. Corrosion Inhibition and Adsorption Properties of African marigold for the Corrosion of Mild Steel in Hydrochloric acid. Asian J. Research Chem. 2012; 5(3):390-396.
18. S. Ananth Kumar, A. Sankar, S. Ramesh Kumar, M. Vijayan. Magnolia champaca Plant Leaves Extract for the Inhibition of Mild Steel Corrosion in Acidic Medium. Asian J. Research Chem. 2013;6(11): 1023-1026.
19. S. Ananth Kumar, A. Sankar, S. Ramesh Kumar, M. Vijayan. Eragrostis cynosuroides Stem Extract as Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel in Acid Medium. Asian J. Research Chem. 2013 ; 6(12): 1095-1098.
20. S. Nigri, R. Djemil, M. Boulanouar and R. Oumeddour. Structure-Corrosion Inhibition Performance Relationship: Application to Some Natural Free Acids and Antioxidants. Portugaliae Electrochimica Acta. 2018; 36: 23-34.
21. Y. Pico,” Ultrasound-assisted extraction for food and environmental samples. Trends in Analytical Chemistry. 2013; 43: 84-99.
22. Z. Khiya, M. Hayani, A. Gamar et al. Valorization of theSalvia officinalis L. of the Morocco bioactive extracts: Phytochemistry antioxidant activity and corrosion inhibition. Journal of King Saud University – Science, In press. 2018.
23. H. Benmehdi, O. Hasnaoui,O. Benali and F. Salhi. Phytochemical investigation of leaves and fruits extracts of Chamaerops humilis L. Journal of Materials and Environmental Science, 2012; 3: 320-327.
24. D. Dah-nouvlessounon, et al. Phytochemical analysis and biological activities of Cola nitida Bark,” Biochemistry Research International. hindawi Publ. Coporation. 2015; 12.
25. V. L. Singleton and J. A. J. Rossi, ”Colorunetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic-phosphotungstic acid reagents. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture.1965; 16: 144-58.
26. S. Sahin and M. Bilgin. Olive tree (Olea europaea L.) leaf as a waste by-product of table olive and olive oil industry: a review. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture.2017; 98.
27. N. Rombaut, A. S. Tixier, A. Bily and F. Chemat. Green extraction processes of natural products as tools for biorefinery. Biofuels, Bioproducts &Biorefining. 2014; 8: 530-544.
28. M. Bobina, A. Kellenberger, J. P.Millet, C. Muntean and N. Vaszilcsin. Corrosion resistance of carbon steel in weak acid solutions in the presence of L-histidine as corrosion inhibitor. Corrosion Science. 2013; 69: 389-395.
29. I. A. Ammar and F.M. El Khorafi. Adsorbability of Thiourea on Iron Cathodes. Materials and corrosion. 1973; 24: 702.
30. V.M. Abbasov, Hany M. Abd El-Lateef, L.I. Aliyeva, E.E. Qasimov, I.T. Ismayilov and Mai M. Khalaf. A study of the corrosion inhibition of mild steel C1018 in CO2-saturated brine using some novel surfactants based on corn oil. Egyptian Journal of Petroleum. 2013; 22: 451-470.
31. M. M. Solomon, S. A. Umoren, I. I. Udosoro and A. P. Udoh. Inhibitive and adsorption behaviour of carboxymethyl cellulose on mild steel corrosion in sulphuric acid solution. Corrosion Science. 2010; 52: 1317-1325.
32. M. A. Hegazy, A. M. Hasan, M. M. Emara, M. F. Bakr and A. H. Youssef. Evaluating four synthesized Schiff bases as corrosion inhibitors on the carbon steel in 1M hydrochloric acid. Corrosion Science, 2012; 65: 67-76.