A simple, sensitive, accurate, rapid and economical Spectrophotometric and colorimetric methods was developed for estimation of Ibrutinib in pure drug and tablet dosage form. The absorbance was measured at 248nm and 552nm using ethanol as solvent system. It obeyed Beer’s law at the concentration range of 2-14µg/ml and 1-5µg/ml with coefficient of correlation (r2) of 0.998 and 0.996. Limit of detection (LOD) was found to be 1.226µg/ml and1.000µg/ml Limit of quantitation (LOQ) was found to be 5.226µg/ml and 2.760µg/ml. The proposed analytical methods were validated according to ICH guidelines, yielded good results concerning range, linearity, precision, accuracy, robustness and ruggedness.
Cite this article:
Sheemaz Sultana, Nirmal. T. Havannavar, Husnain Fathima. Estimation of Ibrutinib in Dosage Form and in Bulk Drug by UV Spectrophotometric and Colorimetry Methods. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(4):245-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00044
Sheemaz Sultana, Nirmal. T. Havannavar, Husnain Fathima. Estimation of Ibrutinib in Dosage Form and in Bulk Drug by UV Spectrophotometric and Colorimetry Methods. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(4):245-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00044 Available on: https://www.ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-4-1
1. A.L Honig berg, Smith, A.M., Sirisawad, M., et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA107(29), 13075-13080 (2010).
2. M.E.S Herman, AL Gordon, E Hertlein, et al. Blood117(23), 6287-6296(2011).
3. MWu A, Akinleye and Zhu, Hemato lJX Oncol.6, 36(2013)
6. Santhosillendula, Priyanka D, Shirisha V, Rao V N K, Dutt R new simple method development and validation of a Ibrutinib in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage for by RP-HPLC. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences 2019; 9(1): 36-46
7. Uppala V, Tabassum A, Lavanya K, Neerja V, Sharma JVC. Method development and validation of ibrutinib by RP-HPLC in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. World J Pharm and Pharm Sci; 2016,5(5): 868-874.
8. National Cancer Institute. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia treatment; 2019.
9. Byrd JC, Furman RR, Coutre SE, Flinn JW, Kristie AB. Targeting BTK with ibrutinib in relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia; N Engl JMed2013; 369(1), 32-42.
10. Shaywitz, David. The wild story behind a promising experimental Cancer Drug; 2013.
11. Agarwal MB, Bhurani D, Shah C, Sood N, Singhal M, Kamat A, Chezhian S, Mishra S, Nagrale D. Efficacy and safety of ibrutinib in Indian patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia and mantle cell lymphoma: cases from a named patient program. Indian J Med Pediatr Oncol 2017; 38(4): 508-515.
14. Instrumental Analysis, Skoog, fifth edition, page no.312-316
15. Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis, Chatwal. R. Gpageno 2.116-2.122
16. Elementary Organic analysis, Principles and Chemical application, Sharma R.Y, page no 12-14
17. A Text Book of Pharmaceutical Analysis, V. Akasturi, vol 310thed., 169-81
19. Owen T, Text Book of Fundamentals of UV-Visible spectroscopy1-139
21. U.S. Pharmacopoeia (USP) general chapter $1226%, verification of compendial procedures, USP, Rockville, MD
22. U.S Pharmacopoeia (USP) general chapter $1225%, validation Of compendia procedures, USP, Rockville, MD
23. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) (1999, Oct), harmonized tripartite guidelines Q6A specifications: Test procedures and acceptance criteria for new drug substances and new drug products: Chemical Substances.
24. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) (2000, Nov), Harmonized Tripartite guidelines Q7A GMP for active Pharmaceutical Ingredient.
25. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) (2005, Nov), Harmonized Tripartite Guidelines Q2(R1), Validation of Analytical Procedures; Text and Methodology.
26. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) (2006, Sept), guidance for industry: Quality Systems Approach to Pharmaceuticals cGMP.
27. Chung Chow Chan; analytical method validation; principles and practices; Azopharma Contract pharmaceutical services, Miramar, Florida.
28. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR,), Part 211, current good manufacturing practice for finished pharmaceuticals.
29. Chann, C.C et.al (2004), analytical method validation and instrument performance verification, Jwiley, Hoboken, NJ.
30. Byrd JC, Brown JR, O’Brien S, Barrientos JC. Ibrutinib versus of atumumabin previously treated chronic lymphoid leukemia. N Engl JMed2014;371,213-223.
31. Muneer S, Ahad HA, Bonnoth CK. Novel stability indicating analytical development and validation of RP-HPLC assay method for quantification of Ibrutinibin bulk and its formulation. J Pharm Res 2017; 11(6), 712-718.
32. Bindu GH, Annapurna MM. a sensitive stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the determination of ibrutinib-Ananti-Cancer drug. Res J Pharm and Tech 2018; 11(10):4581-4591.
33. Kim ES, Dhillon S. Ibrutinib: are view of its use in patients with mantle cell lymphomaorchronic lymphocytic leukemia. Drugs. Pub Med. 75(7); 2015:769-776.
34. Parmar S, Patel K, Ibarz JP. Ibrutinib (Imbruvica): An ovel targeted therapy for chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Pharm and Therapeutics 2014; 39(7):483-87.
35. Herman SEM, Nieman CU, Farooqui M, Jones J, Mustafa RZ, Lipsky A, Saba N, Martyr S, Soto S, Valdez J, Gyamfi JA, Maric I, Calvo KR, Pederson LB, Geisder CH, Liu D, Marti GE, Aue G, Wiestner A. Ibrutinib-induced lymphocytosis in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia: correlative analysis from a phase II study. Macmillan Publishers Ltd. Leukemia. 2014; 28:2188-96.
36. Meloun. M, Mikesova. V, Pekarek. T, Javurek. M. The thermodynamic overlapping Pka of the antitumor drug Ibrutinib using multiwavelength UV/Visible spectroscopy and potentiometry. Journal of Analytical and Pharmaceutical Research 2(6); 2017:2-10
37. Ezzddin. E, Iqbal. M, Herqash. N.R, Elnahhas. T. Simultaneous quantitative determination of seven novel tyrosine kinase inhibitors in plasma by a validated UPLC-MS/MS method and its application to human microsomal metabolic stability study. Journal Of Chromatography. B26 October 2019 1-8
38. Rood. M.J.J, Sparidans. W.R. Bioanalysis of Ibrutinib, and its dihydrodiol and glutathionecy clemetabolites by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography. B2018:14-21
39. Mehta. L, Mukherjee. DLC and LC-MS/MS studies for identification and characterization of new degradation products of ibrutinib and elucidation of their degradation pathway. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis.
40. Yasu. T, Momo. K, Yasui. H, Kuroda. S. Simple determination of plasma ibrutinib concentration using high-performance Liquid Chromatography. Biomedical Chromatography.33(3)2019
41. Veeraraghavan. S, Rangasamy. M. Simultaneous qualification of lenalidomide, ibrutinib and its active metabolite PCI-45227 in rat plasma by LC-MS/MS: application to a pharmacokinetic study. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis107(2015)151-158
42. Ping. D, Guan. Y, Zhuoling. A, Pengfei. L, Lihong. LA selective and robust uplc-MS/MS method for the simultaneous quantitative determination of anlotinib, ceritinib and ibrutinib in rat plasma and its application to a pharmacokinetic study. Royal Society of Chemistry.144(18), 2019:5462-5471
43. Beauvais. D, Goossens. F.J, Boyle E, Allal. B, Lafont. T, Chatelut. E, Herbaux. C, Morschhauser. F, Genay. S, Odour. P. Development and validation of an UHPLC-MS/MS method for simultaneous quantification of ibrutinib and its dihydrodiol-metabolite in human cerebrospinal fluid. Journal of chromatography B-Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical and Life Sciences. (2018)1093-1094
44. Bende. G, Kollipara. S, Sekar. V, Saha. RUV-spectrophotometric determination of imatinib mesylate and its application in solubility studies. Original Studies. 63(2008) 641-645
45. P. Ajithkumar, A. Smith. A. Development of analytical method for imatinib mesylate by Ultraviolet spectroscopy. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 1(13):2020; 180-183
46. Haque. M, Bakhshi. V, Surekha. D, Gmuit. B, Reddy. P.H. Development of UV-spectrophotometric method for the determination of imatinib mesylate (ITM) in bulk and formulation. International Journal of Pharma Research and Health Sciences. 4(2):2016; 1130-1135
47. Roth. O, Varoquaux. S.O, Bouchet. S, Rousselot. P, Cstaigne. S, Rigaudeau. S, Ragguenear. V, Therond. P, Devillier. P, Molimard. M, Maneglier. B. Imatinib assay by HPLC with photodiode array UV detection in plasma from patients with chronicmyeloid leukemia. Clinica Chimicaacta 411(2010)140-146
48. Bianchi. F, Savi. M. Development and validation of a high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of imatinib in rat tissues. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 73(2013); 103-107
49. Madur. S, Matole. V, Kalshetti. M. UV Visible spectrophotometric method development and validation of dasatinib in bulk and solid dosage form. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research. 4(12):2020; 90-93
50. Jesus SH.C, Diculescu. C.V. Redox mechanism, spectrophotometrical characterization and voltammetric determination in serum samples of kinases inhibitors and anticancer drug dasatinib.752(2015);47-53
51. Bhole. R, Bonde. C, Biradar. P. Development and validation of stability indicating HPTLC method for estimation of dasatinib and characterization of degradation products by using mass spectroscopy. Eurasian Journal of Analytical Chemistry 13(4):2018; 1306-3057
52. Ramachandra. B, Naidu. N.V.S, Sekhar. K.C. Validation of RP-HPLC method for estimation of dasatinibin bulk and its pharmaceutical dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 4(1):2014;61-68