A simple, sensitive, accurate, rapid and economical Spectrophotometric method was developed for estimation and validation of Abrocitinib in pure drug and tablet dosage form. The absorbance was measured at 303.0nm using Dimethylsulfoxideas solvent system. It obeyed Beer’s law at the concentration range of 2-14µg/ml with coefficient of correlation (r2) of 0.998. Limit of detection (LOD) was found to be 1.226µg/ml and Limit of quantitation (LOQ) was found to be 5.226µg/ml. The proposed analytical method was validated according to ICH guidelines, yielded good results concerning range, linearity, precision, accuracy, robustness and ruggedness.
Cite this article:
Husnain Fathima, Mohammed Yakhoob, Mohamed Khaleel. Estimation and Validation of Abrocitinib Dosage Form and in Bulk Drug by Spectrophotometric Method. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry 2023; 16(3):230-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2023.00037
Husnain Fathima, Mohammed Yakhoob, Mohamed Khaleel. Estimation and Validation of Abrocitinib Dosage Form and in Bulk Drug by Spectrophotometric Method. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry 2023; 16(3):230-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2023.00037 Available on: https://www.ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-3-7
1. "Updates to the Prescribing Medicines in Pregnancy database". Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). 12 May 2022. Retrieved 13 May 2022.
2. "Kerendia APMDS". Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). 9 December 2021. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
3. "AusPAR: Finerenone". Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). 31 May 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
4. Kerendia- finerenone tablet, film coated". DailyMed. Retrieved 20 August 2021
5. "FDA Approves Drug for Chronic Kidney Disease". U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). 9 July 2021. Retrieved 9 July 2021. Public Domain This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
6. Kerendia EPAR". European Medicines Agency (EMA). 14 December 2021. Retrieved 11 March 2022. Text was copied from this source which is copyright European Medicines Agency. Reproduction is authorized provided the source is acknowledged.
7. "Bayer's Kerendia (finerenone) Receives U.S. FDA Approval for Treatment of Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease Associated with Type 2 Diabetes" (Press release). Bayer. 9 July 2021. Retrieved 9 July 2021 – via Business Wire.
10. Chani I, Parmar A R, Patel V. Recent method development by analytical techniques of new FDA approved drugs in 2021. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research. 2022; 14(3):17-21
11. Meloun. M, Mikesova. V, Pekarek. T, Javurek. M. The thermodynamic overlapping Pka of the antitumor drug Ibrutinib using multiwavelength UV/Visible spectroscopy and potentiometry. Journal of Analytical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2(6); 2017:2-10
12. Bhole. R, Bonde. C, Biradar. P. Development and validation of stability indicating HPTLC method for estimation of dasatinib and characterization of degradation products by using mass spectroscopy. Eurasian Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 13(4):2018; 1306-3057
13. P. Ajithkumar, A. Smith. A. Development of analytical method for imatinib mesylate by Ultraviolet spectroscopy. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 1(13):2020; 180-183
14. Madur. S, Matole. V, Kalshetti. M. UV Visible spectrophotometric method development and validation of dasatinib in bulk and solid dosage form. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research. 4(12):2020; 90-93
15. Sultana S, Hannavar T N, Fathima H, Estimation of Ibrutinib in Dosage Form and in Bulk Drug by UV Spectrophotometric and Colorimetry Methods. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(4):245-0.
16. Ezzddin. E, Iqbal. M, Herqash. N.R, Elnahhas. T. Simultaneous quantitative determination of seven novel tyrosine kinase inhibitors in plasma by a validated UPLC-MS/MS method and its application to human microsomal metabolic stability study. Journal of Chromatography. B26 October 2019 1-8
17. Rood. M.J.J, Sparidans. W.R. Bioanalysis of Ibrutinib, and its dihydrodiol and glutathionecy clemetabolites by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography. B2018:14-21
18. Ramachandra. B, Naidu. N.V.S, Sekhar. K.C. Validation of RP-HPLC method for estimation of dasatinibin bulk and its pharmaceutical dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 4(1):2014;61-68
19. Jesus S H C, Diculescu. C.V. Redox mechanism, spectrophotometrical characterization and voltammetric determination in serum samples of kinases inhibitors and anticancer drug dasatinib.752(2015);47-53
20. Bianchi. F, Savi. M. Development and validation of a high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of imatinib in rat tissues. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 73(2013); 103-107